Monday, July 30, 2007

My Space

I decided to join My Space instead of Facebook, 'cause I have a friend who is already on My Space and I find friends are important in this world of social networking. Looking at a few profiles, I find most folks have impossibly many and famous friends.

From reading an newpaper article on security issues with Facebook and MySpace, I discovered that these sites have groups. I didn't notcie groups on MySpace I think because I found the site overwhelming with ads and links and so hard to navigate and use. I didn't join the any of the disgusting groups mentioned in the article, but I easily found the Armstrong group and joined.

I put in a profile (I'm a pro at summing up my interests now), a photo and sent a message to my friend (that I could have sent via regular e-mail.)

I guess the point of this site is to meet new friends through your friend's friends.

No comments: