Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The top of the Mountain

I've gotten more out of Eleven Things than I expected I would. New experiences have given me new ideas (now I've got to do some follow through!) Always a good thing.

I understand why the social networking sites/technologies are popular and useful. Also I feel I've gotten some idea about their impact and role in libraries. I'm anxious to learn more at the GOLD/GALILEO meeting I'll be attending this Friday, the sessions are about Library 2.0. Ann, Melissa, Jewell, Nancy and I are confernece going, Nancy thought of creating a Wiki to help coordinate our trip planning for the confernece. Jewell put one up, it helped!

I liked the game-like, social, spoon-full-of-sugar format of this learning experience very much.

What will I carry on with? I think I'll want to keep up with Good Reads (too fun!) and Delicious (truely useful!) I hope I'll use wikis, image generators, widgits well. My Space is pretty static, so no effort to leave that up and see if any famous people want to be my friend.

I plan to put some Armstrong archives photos up in Flickr. Need to learn a bit more about Flickr, but I think might be a fun, on-going project. I'll post to this Blog about it.

I think I'll continue to post to this Blog about Library 2.0 ideas/projects, like what I learn from the conference. I'm not sure how often that will be; I don't know how much I'll have to say. I do like blogging, though, perhaps I'll start another or morph this Blog with a new topic.

No comments: